2.3.08

What I Think of Level Up Games

I am one of the many disappointed gamers who think that LUG is a money grubbing company. They tolerate bots in the old servers, while shunning them in the new free to play servers. They tolerate it there because it is also a source of income for them. That is the only logical explanation I can think of. Bots are illegal in the first place, so why tolerate it in one place, and despise it in another? It should not be tolerated at all. Their service is also not that very good. The game is laggy and full of cheats. Seems that the bandwidth and hardware they are using are all inappropriate compared to the volume of players. Also there is the failed promise of LU to the Thorians. LU promised a botless server, but what happened was that the burden of catching bots fell upon the shoulders of the Thorians themselves. The Thorians served as the bot catchers, sacrificing their precious game time just to keep their server clean, all because LU wasn't able to deliver the promised Ragdefender. Thor server's population dwindled because of the disappointment the unfulfilled promise brought, until only a loyal group of about 50+ Thorians remained. Then LUG decided to rename Thor into Valhalla and make it F2P.

Right now they are trying to keep the hopes of the Valkyrians and Valhallians alive. They are giving false hopes to these people while doing very little action. LUG still relies heavily on its own players to keep their servers clean. That is really very pathetic for a company. The volunteers and concerned citizens policing their own ranks is a great idea, but relying heavily on them is very bad. The banning process is taking too long, it seems that the GMs are too lazy to do their job. All those updates and blog entries about the botting issue like hiring a 3rd party to create an anti-bot program, is nothing but fallacy. Months have passed and still no implementation of the said program. They want to keep the players' hopes up, to maintain their income.

I am giving up on LUG, but not on Ragnarok. LUG will never change its ways as long as its players are still toping-up their accounts. As of now, I stopped loading my account. I am doing everything in my power to succeed in my career as a Mechanical Engineer. After pRO has lost its player base, mainly due to LUG's incompetencies. I plan on buying it out straight from Gravity. Sounds like a far-fetched dream? Nah! I don't think so, I have a very promising career, and like I said I am doing everything to succeed. Only then I think, will pRO become an impregnable fortress against all kinds of cheats, under MY governance. I have already thought of a new business model and marketing strategy for the new pRO, but that's top secret. Ragnarok is more of an inspiration for me rather than a liability. Wish me to succeed.

If you want to help me in the future you can contact me in this blog, just tell me your RB and IG name. Together we will build a new pRO.


1 comment:

  1. I'm inspired by your determination in making pRO a better place.

    Hope you do well. Good luck and Godspeed

    -Seraphael

    ReplyDelete