28.6.09

Protecting Hands

I was searching for something interesting on the net when a question popped in my mind. What does my name mean? So I searched for my name and here's what I got.

The boy's name Raymond \ra(y)-mo-nd\ is pronounced RAY-mund. It is of Old German origin, and its meaning is "protecting hands". From thinkbabynames.com


What a coincidence. The meaning of my name suits my very nature and attitude. I'm not the aggressive type of person, normally I would just keep on beefing up security and protection. As I look back into how I play some games like Generals and Tribal Wars, etc. I will build up my defense but never attack.

In life, when people attack me emotionally, I just keep quiet and muster my strength within. I focus on my goals and my dreams. That way, I don't get affected and I keep on going towards my goals. I never attacked anyone emotionally, I just focus on myself, on what I do, but at the same time, I make sure that I don't hurt anybody. Also, I prepare myself physically, always keeping myself in good athletic shape. In the future I want to learn self-defense.

The people and things I care for I want to protect. That is why I want to earn lots of money, so that I can protect them. For me money is protection. Protection against illness and death, I want to be able to afford any treatment that my family would need in the future. Thankfully God is helping us, my family is healthy. At the same time I always make sure that I keep a low profile, not flaunting wealth and being too proud, because I know that would spell disaster and attract more bad elements. I want to live a frugal but secure life. Camouflage is also protection.

When I see people being oppressed I want to protect them. But right now I am powerless, I am just a normal person with no superpowers, nor am I rich to afford to have Batman's gadgets or to build a private elite army like Mithril. That is why I want to become rich. With money, I can protect people.

My amusement with military hardware and tactics is purely built on the purpose of protection or self-defense. I never intended conquest, they attack, I just defend. My name coincides with my traits. This really must be destiny. By the way, I think the term "Protecting Hands" is cool don't you think?

Glory to God who guides and protects me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment