The internet has lost most of its uselfulness. Nowadays, the internet is of very little help when doing research or assignments. The reason? Advertising. Whenever I try to do some research on pumps, boilers, condensers, aerators, and other kinds of equipments, I always get results from manufacturers and sellers. It's a very frustrating search, they wont even show the catalogues which could be of a little help. Instead, they ask you to register, before they show a catalogue/quotations. I am not searching to buy, I am searching to learn. I know Yahoo and Google is being paid to show results for a certain keyword, it's a business. Many people are annoyed at commercials on TV. Now, people are starting to get annoyed at ads on the internet. When they say that the internet is a vast source of information, don't believe it. The internet is full of junk. Oh well, there is always the library.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have you tried using Google scholar for your search? I find that function very useful when looking for academic articles.
ReplyDeleteOtherwise, you can always try searching for organizations related to your field first and look at what links they have in their websites. That may save you a lot of time.