
Gunslinger Girl is a masterpiece T_T
Excellent animation, well developed plot, heart breaking ending, fantastic visual and sound effects, amazing opening, ending and background music. It is a perfect anime!
Actually I'm teary eyed while posting this. T_T
Ok, I just finished season 1 of Gunslinger Girl. Did Angelica die? My guess is this; yes, she died in her hospital bed while watching the meteor shower and while listening to Beethoven's Ninth. I saw three hints that that is what happened to Angelica, First is, she cannot move and she suddenly remembered the story of Prince Pasta, (which sets the mood for a tragic and sad ending) Second, the sound of church bells in the end that suggests a funeral mass. Next is Henrietta seems, cluelessly happy, which I think is the result of rewriting a few pages of her memory or commonly termed as "conditioning". To make her forget what happened to her friend, Angelica.
So, am I right? I want to know. Did she really die in her hospital bed, watching the meteor shower while listening Beethoven's Ninth, as Marco, her handler, is reading to her her favorite story? Such a heart breaking story.
Great Music From Gunslinger Girl
La Ragazza Col Fucile; Performed by Josefa Composed by Revo
Dopo Il Sogno by Yoshitaka Kitami
The Light Before We Land Performed by The Delgados
Woke from Dreaming by The Delgados

No comments:
Post a Comment