Yesterday, June 9, 2008, I went to my Grandmother's wake in La Loma Cemetery at around 1 pm. The wake is being held in a rented place inside the cemetery used specifically for wakes. Earlier in the day, a few relatives from Pampanga came to our house, Apo Oli, Tita Del, Tita Belen, Ate Elvie, and her two kids, via van which they rented. The driver remained outside. They chatted with my mother and 2 sisters. We all went to the wake at 1 pm.
At the wake, we noticed that there are no candles and flowers. So my mother, little sister and Ate Elvie decided to buy some at the nearby Grace park. My father drove them there. After coming back, they put the flowers and candles, the wake looked much much better than before. At the place, there are a lot of litters from last night, so we looked for a broom and cleaned up the place. At 3pm they left for home.
At 4:30 pm, I went to Grace park to hear Mass. After the Mass, I bought 10 pieces of big candles at Grand Central. After that I went back to the wake. There are a lot of people there when I got back. My father's friends also came, there were four of them, and they had a little drink.
The irony is that this is the same spot where my Grandfather's wake was also held. I'm not feeling as sad as before. We went home at exactly 12am, there are still a lot of people left there, My Uncle Crispin and nephew will stay there till morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment