18.11.07

Making A Fortune In The Internet; A simple analysis.

How can I make a fortune in the internet?

Buy and Sell

Buy and sell somehow is very interesting. I always see a lot of interesting stuffs whenever I go to Divisoria. Those interesting and somewhat useful stuffs ought to be advertized in the internet, and not just gathering dust in the shelves of a small store. You think it would work? I think it will work. An example of a succesful buy and sell website is the J-List, where you can buy everything Japanese. Also, when I go to Japan next year, I can buy some really cool stuffs there and sell it here in the Philippines via net. Woah!! I'm so excited. Also, I have some Chinese friends in college who owns a plastic manufacturing company and a metal fabricator company. They can fabricate my designs and ideas for a product and then afterwards I can sell it via net.

Starting up:

1) Divisoria is a very vast source of products. This is the first logical source of things to buy and sell.

2) Travel. Shopping districts in other countries is also a vast source of new and interesting products. Import them and then sell them here in the Philippines.

3) Make my own product. I am a Mech. Engr. Which means, I can make my own product. I have many friends whom I can commission to fabricate my designs.I could sell through my blog right?

Advertisements

If you have a blog, you can put ads there, the advertisers pay to be able to place their ads in your website. Income is small if the traffic in your blog is very small. The key here, as in any business, is creativity. Entice your readers so they keep coming back, generating traffic in your blog. Also, make sure you have a way to advertise your own blog like in gaming forums.

Clicking and Viewing Ads

A reputable name in internet search engines has a way for this. As the name implies, all you have to do is to click and view ads for at least 30 secs. They offer fixed rates and they actually ask you for your billing information. But here's the catch, you have to be a "premium" user to be able to view lots of ads and start earning money. To become a premium user, one has to dole out 10 dollars per year and pay it via credit card. 10 dollars is equivalent to, more or less, 500 pesos. Last time I checked, there are 525 available ads being showed only for those under a premium account. Each ad you view, pays you about 0.01 dollars, depending on the advertisement. Assuming it is fixed rate, now let's do the math. 500 * 0.01 = 5 dollars only. You just lost 5 dollars. But the minimum pay out is 10 dollars, so you just lost 10 dollars.

That assumption is only correct if the rates are fixed to 0.01 dollars per view. I only got to try out the normal version and not the premium version, so I do not know how much the ads in the premium version costs. Also, the ads come and go, meaning everyday there will be new ads for you to view, and your premium membership of 10 dollars will last for a year. During that time span, you could have viewed thousands of ads by then. So overall, I think this way of earning money through the net looks profitable, you just have to risk 10 dollars or 500 pesos. A very small price I think for an investment that will last for a year. Paying 10 dollars is the risk of it. But all businesses and ventures have risks. So be prepared to lose. Anyway, I really think 10 dollars is small compared to the profits you can earn. You can also further increase your earning via referrals.

Why not stick to the normal version then? The problem with the normal version is that there is very little or no ads at all for you to see. Most advertisers only target their audience who are capable of purchasing things, hence the premium version.

Earn money while surfing

You earn money while surfing the net, you can also earn more money through referrals. Not a very good way of making money I think. Not only you get very small amounts of money. Sounds too good to be true. Imagine, you earn while doing nothing. I've tried that before. Very tedious and long process, plus, the rates are sometimes not fixed, they can change the rates anytime they want. Also, I got suspicious when they didn't even ask me for my billing address. How am I supposed to get my money if the company did not ask for my billing address?I did a research about it and here is what I found out.


Agloco is a pay to surf MLM scheme that exploded onto the interwebs late last
year. It is backed by the same team as AllAdvantage which crashed and burned in
the bubble years. Check out this article from Business 2.0 on AllAdvantage
(pdf).AllAdvantage had a simple proposition: pay people a fixed hourly rate for
the hours they spent browsing the internet with their software and use an MLM
structure to attract new users. As you’d expect, this lead to legions of bots
that pretended to surf. In contrast, Agloco uses a tortuously roundabout path to
go from surfing to actual payment of money.Still, most people mistakenly see
Agloco as having a simple, linear model. Consider the following a public service
announcement. If you’re a shrewd trader or investor or ever sat through an
economics class (awake) you have no need to read further. For the rest, let’s
break it down:


Overall, I think the best options are ads and buy and sell. Schemes that promises money out of doing nothing sounds too good to be true. My conclusion? To earn money you still have to work for it, even in today's modern age of internet. There are a lot of scams in the internet so beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment