
Today, I went to my favorite internet cafe, and guess what the owner of the shop told me. He told me that he removed Cabal Online Ph. because it is illegal. Illegal? Cabal is a free to play game hosted by E-Games, the same company that hosts RAN Online. So I thought that's impossible. At first I can't believe it, but when I saw his computers, there's really no Cabal installed. No more people are playing Cabal in his shop, he lost some customers. Others switched to other games. I wonder why Cabal was banned? Upon further questioning, I found out that there was this certain guy with authority from the Computer Shop Association (or something like a regulating body) who told him that Cabal Online is illegal in internet cafes. According to the shop owner the guy asked him to remove Cabal;
The shop owner did not elaborate any further. Is this really happening? I checked the site of E-Games, and everything seemed fine. It looks like they are not aware of what is happening. I smell something fishy. Anyway, I will try to investigate more on the matter. I'll give updates later.
For more information about the game, visit Cabal Online Philippines.
UPDATE!!
It was all just a misunderstanding, the one that is banned is Elite Cabal, a private server of Cabal Online. The shop owner just misunderstood, so he took away with it the whole client. It's back now.
"Bawal na ang Cabal... Ikaw ang bahala kung ayaw mong tanggalin" "Cabal is forbidden, it's your choice... see for yourself"
The shop owner did not elaborate any further. Is this really happening? I checked the site of E-Games, and everything seemed fine. It looks like they are not aware of what is happening. I smell something fishy. Anyway, I will try to investigate more on the matter. I'll give updates later.
For more information about the game, visit Cabal Online Philippines.
UPDATE!!
It was all just a misunderstanding, the one that is banned is Elite Cabal, a private server of Cabal Online. The shop owner just misunderstood, so he took away with it the whole client. It's back now.

No comments:
Post a Comment